Junior Summer Sailing Courses 2022 at Galway City Sailing Club
Junior Summer Programme 2022 in the heart of Galway City – just 2 minutes from the Harbour Hotel.
Junior Sailors from aged 8 to 18
Galway City Sailing Club is pleased to announce our Junior Summer Sailing Programme consisting of a series of 6 Courses over the summer for Primary School Students (Juniors age 8-12) and Secondary School Students (Teenagers age 13-18).
Courses are €100 for Club Members with own boat, €130 for Members using a club boat and €160 for non members. Junior membership for the year is very reasonable at €65. To become a junior member you can sign up here.
Beginner To Improver & Improver To Advanced Levels
We are offering 2 levels:
- Beginner To Improver – 3 Hours per day – Morning Session – 9:30 – 12:30
- Improver To Advanced – 3 Hours per day – Afternoon Session – 14.00 – 17.00
Places limited – Early Booking Advised
- Week 1 – June 20: Beginner To Improver & Improver To Advanced
- Week 2 – June 27: Beginner To Improver & Improver To Advanced
- Week 3 – July 04: Beginner To Improver & Improver To Advanced
- Week 4 – July 11: Beginner To Improver & Improver To Advanced
- Week 5 – July 18: Beginner To Improver & Improver To Advanced
- Week 6 – July 25: Beginner To Improver & Improver To Advanced
Irish Sailing (IS) Accredited Course
Our Irish Sailing (IS) Accredited Courses cater all the way to Start Racing depending on experience.
Location: Galway City Sailing Club (2 Minutes from Harbour Hotel)
Places: Places on courses are limited and are allocated on a first come – first served basis.
Equipment Used: Topper Topaz, Laser Pico and Topper Argo Dinghies for Youth Sailing & Optibats for Junior Sailing.
What to Bring: Sunscreen, Wetsuit, Wet Shoes, Warm clothing (fleece, hat), Youths (13-18 years) – bring buoyancy aid if you can. Buoyancy aids provided for Juniors (8-12 years).
Parent In Attendance Assistance Rota:
We ask that Parents / Guardians assist, where possible, with supervision during the course.
We request parents to give one day if possible as Parent in Attendance.
We require a morning and afternoon parent/guardian in attendance on the beach with a car nearby in case a participant needs to be taken to a nearby emergency hospital unit. The rota is not mandatory but parental/guardian assistance is required to run the courses safely and efficiently and is much appreciated.