Improver To Advanced Level – Junior Sailing Course W2PM
Participants: Junior Sailors from aged 10 to 18 who have achieved at least the Irish Sailing Level of Improving Skills
IS Accredited Course: Irish Sailing (IS) Accredited Course – level depending on experience and achievement.
Date: Monday 27 June – Friday 01 July
Time: Afternoon Session 14:00 to 17:00
Location: Galway City Sailing Club
Places: Places on courses are limited and are allocated on a first come – first served basis
Equipment Used: Laser Pico, Topper Argo & Optibat
What to Bring: Sunscreen, Wetsuit, Wet Shoes, Warm clothing (fleece, hat), Youths (13-18 years) – bring buoyancy aid if you can. Buoyancy aids provided for Juniors (10-12 years).
Afternoon Session Course – Starts at 14:00 and finishes at 17:00
- This course is aimed at improver to advanced level sailing
- The cost of the course is:
€100 for members with OWN BOAT
€130 for members with USING CLUB BOAT
€160 for non members.
To become a junior member you can sign up here. Junior membership for the year is very reasonable at €65
- Participants must have achieved at least the Irish Sailing Level of Improving Skills
- There will be a minimal age limit of 10.
- All Covid guidelines on social distancing need to be adhered to, particularly in the dinghy park. If participants breach these they will be removed from the course
- Each sailor is responsible for sanitizing their boat if it is one of the club boats, before and after the session. There will be sanitization materials made available
- Participants will be dropped down to the dinghy park immediately prior to the session and will go home immediately after. The changing facilities will not be available
- There will be toilet facilities available
- Briefings on the day’s session will be distributed electronically by the Senior Instructor the evening before.
- Participants will be required to sign in online
- The number of participants will be limited to 24.
- Any day the weather is deemed to be unsuitable the session will not be run and participants will receive a partial refund.
Members, Guests and course participants grant the club / organisers the absolute right to use the images resulting from photography or video at the activity mentioned above. This includes any reproductions or adaptations of the images for general publicity, social media and club website purposes.
ISA/RYA Instructors, ISA/RYA senior instructors or ISA/RYA coaches do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or injury suffered by persons and/or their property arising out of or during the course of their activities whilst training and/or coaching and/or instructing unless such injury loss or damage was caused by, or resulted from negligence or deliberate act.